Saturday, February 19, 2011

Toasted Almond and Cherry Nougats

A few days ago I decided that I really wanted to try making homemade nougat. So, I started looking through some info and recipes online. I finally decided on Emeril's Toasted Almond and Cherry Nougats on food network's website. I couldn't wait to try out the recipe and I was excited when my mom brought all the ingredients home yesterday. Until we realized that she had forgotten the candy thermometer. lol! After we got that straightened out we were ready to make our nougats.
Pictures (top to bottom) : Sugar Mixture, Whipped Mixture, Killer Nougat, Finished Nougats

These are very tasty-although weird as it may seem I think I prefer nougat plain. We had a fun time making them even though we got pretty sticky. Since we have so much nougat, we will probably share some.

No comments:

Post a Comment